OrganoTherapeutics is a spin-off project from the University of Luxembourg. OrganoTherapeutics use cutting-edge human-specific mini-brains for the discovery and development of effective drug candidates targeting Parkinson’s disease. We screen for novel compounds which can be therapeutic for different patient sub-groups.
- Better models. Minibrain models that recapitulate key features of Parkinson’s disease
- New screening concept. Focus of the screening approach on the reverse of the cellular defect rather than on specific pre-design targets
- Stratification. Development of human, personalized or sub-group stratified models
- Increased efficiency. Fuel the drug discovery phase with more compounds to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Enhanced relevance. Target more efficiently compound candidates going to the preclinical phase -> increased success rate
Proprietary 3D models derived from healthy individual and PD patient material
In the minibrains => identification of cellular defects which are missed in conventional methods. The therapeutic potential of compounds can be identified
The screening platform allows fully automated image and data analyses
OT has access to unique libraries of chemically defined molecules (LDC) and natural molecules extracted from marine and floral organisms from Australia (Griffith University)
Javier Jarazo – Founder, PhD
Expert in stem cell models, phenotyping screening, and computational data analysis
Jens Schwamborn – Founder, PhD
Professor at the University of Luxembourg. Neuroscientist expert in stem cell research and Parkinson’s disease research
Patrizia Luchetta, Advisor
Consultant; Previously at Luxembourgish
Ministry of the Economy; Development
of the Luxembourg strategy for biotech
and personalized medicine.
Manuel Gaviria, MD/PhD, Advisor
Experienced entrepreneur. Serves as independent expert for the European Commission.
Paul Lingor MD, Prof., Advisor
Medical doctor and clinical researcher at University Clinic Munich. Expert for Parkinson’s disease.
Bert Klebl, PhD, Advisor
Managing director and CSO at Lead Discovery Center. Expert for Drug Discovery and out-licensing.
Luis Pereira de Almeida, PhD, Prof., Advisor
Professor in Neuroscience and Pharmacy at University of Coimbra. Focus on Neurodegenerative diseases.